We’re looking for a FARM VET (PREDOMINANTLY BEEF AND SHEEP)
We pride ourselves on providing a second-to-none service for our farm clients. To keep up with demand, we are looking for an experienced farm vet to join our fantastic 4 vet team.
We are a proudly independent 100% farm practice based in Northumberland, covering ‘Tyne to Tweed’. Our caseload is mainly beef and sheep, with some goat, smallholder, gamebird, and export certification work. The ethos of our young startup practice, founded in 2018, is grounded in providing the best service possible to our farming clients. Our team is small, proactive, and positive, with a strong footing in the local community. Despite our size, we punch above our weight, whether that be sitting on various professional boards, teaching other vets, or carrying out farm consultancy work in Europe.
• Pick-up truck with canopy and purpose-made drawers supplied by the practice. Fuel card also supplied.
• Accommodation can be provided.
• Annual CPD of £1500 and 5 days. Certificates, other further training, or involvement with veterinary associations are all encouraged and supported.
• 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Quiet on-call.
• Very little TB testing – TB4 / LRA: the practice currently tests about 1000 cattle a year.
• All the kit you need to carry out your work well – mobile phone, laptop, Kaiwaka waterproofs, work wear, BCF sector scanner, BCF linear curve, turnover crate.
• Support, teaching and backup from a supportive group of dedicated enthusiastic farm vets.
• Career progression and potential partnership for the right person.
• Salary of £30,000-£45,000 depending on experience.
• Northumberland is a beautiful county with great opportunities for all country pursuits as well as being well connected on the east coast (Edinburgh 1hr, York 1.5hr and London 3.5hr by train). Newcastle is also within easy reach.
The right candidate would have a good sense of humour, be enthusiastic about all things farm, and ready to join a dynamic and friendly team.
Please apply in writing to Jenny.Hull@bsfh.co.uk or phone Jenny on 07734432212 for a chat about the job.
Potential candidates are more than welcome to come and meet us before making a formal application.